Saturday, August 21, 2010

What's that code you put in your phone to tell people who to contact in case of an emergency?

You know, for cops or hospital to call your emergency contact person.





(I feel an ';episode'; coming on!)





.What's that code you put in your phone to tell people who to contact in case of an emergency?
It is not a code. You can make a contact in your phone called ICE which stands for In Case of Emergency. And just put the number (i.e. parents or spouse) you want to be contacted.





Just for FYI no one will look at this unless paramedics, cops, or doctors are promoting it in your area. I am a paramedic and we started doing some public relations about this idea, but most people around here don't check cell phones for contact information. The ICE program has to be promoted and embraced by your community for it to work appropriately.What's that code you put in your phone to tell people who to contact in case of an emergency?
I believe what you are referring to is ';ICE'; which stands for In Case of Emergency.





I have my my hubby's cell set up with I C E Hubby as the entry into the phone directory. I also have my I C E Son and I C E Daughter so that there are alternatives if one can't be reached.
In Case of Emergency = ICE
i think its ICE- In Case of Emergency
ICE = in case of emergency
It's ICE which means In Case of Emergency

No comments:

Post a Comment